Friday, April 1, 2016

Spring Break Sonnet





Spring Break Sonnet- Kayley O'Dell

Nothing to do but sit in my cold room,
Cooking and cleaning until the job is done,
Hoping to go do something very soon,
Sitting on the porch looking at the sun,
Painting nature in it's bright new form,
Watching new movies with the empty house,
Sitting inside while the snow makes a storm,
Hoping my cat's don't catch a mouse,
The snow got so deep I built a snowman,
I was shivering I was cold as ice,
Before he sun came everything was frozen,
I had to re-shovel the porches twice,
The snow was so beautiful that it shined,
The storm was so bad birds were flying blind.


All Images are from google images

1 comment:

  1. Your poem had a definite change of tone
    You are a good poet and that is shown
    One thing that could make it great
    Is helping me imagine your state

    ReplyDelete